Thursday, October 21, 2010

Treatment for hunters - heart of pickled venison


Another deer hunting season has ended and I've been presented with several hearts of deer. The heart is no different to any other organ meat and can be prepared in a number of ways. One way is to cut thin and fry it for sandwiches. I have also filled heart and cooked for a main dish. Serve with mashed potatoes and salsa country, a salad and bread for a rewarding culinary experience. Hunters here seem to be tilted adobo d delicacy. That is another thing that you can find in a supermarket.

Today I started to pickle these hearts. I have washed them well several times and they cut into slices 1/2 inch. I put them in a gallon glass jar and had splashed each layer with salt canned. I placed the jar in the refrigerator and let it sit for approximately 8 hours.After this time I will bring them out of the jar and rinse them with water clara.Luego put them in a pot of water to cook until they are tender fork, usually 30-45 minutes to boil.

In the meantime, I do a solution decapada vinegar 2 gallon hot pepper 1, small bathrooms 2 tbsp fresh grated horseradish, all black 1 teaspoon pepper, all 1 teaspoon pepper and 1-Laurel.This solution will bring to the boil.When the heart sliced tender fork discard the water that was cocinado.Pack slices of heart in jars, pour the boiling over them, ensuring that are cubiertos.A continuation, I put the covers of jars and process them in a pot pressure to £ 10 for 30 minutes vinegar solution.

If I have only a small number of hearts only boil the heart sliced for 10 minutes in the vinegar solution and they pack in a large jar, pour hot vinegar over them and when it is cooled bottle keep it in the fridge.








Everything I write about comes from experiences personal observation and the vida.Me love cooking and preparing food for different maneras.Me like sharing my experiences on food and the website cocina.Mi http://www.pothaven.com was created due to my interest in quality articles for cooking and cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment